Are you a country music fan who longs to be on the dance floor with everyone else when western line dances come on at the club? Country western dance is a lot of fun, and anyone can learn to do this style of dance, especially when taught by an Arthur Murray expert. If country dance suits your personality, you will want to keep reading for a great list of country music songs for ballroom.
Quick Country Western Dance History
Country western dances can be a little different than the ballroom dances you’re used to learning at Arthur Murray studios. This lively and diverse group of dances have a traditional and current link to America’s country music genres. In fact, the earliest settlers and subsequent immigrant groups brought the first steps to country western dances. Nowadays, people still perform these styles of dance at all kinds of informal gatherings—ever heard of a honky tonk?
Styles of Country Ballroom Dance
Country western dances can take many forms. If you’re wondering which one to try, take a look at the below styles. The good news is, they’re all high-energy and fun, so you can’t go wrong with any of them!
- Progressive Two-Step
- Texas Two-Step
- Country Swing
- West Coast Swing
- Country Western Waltz
- Country Shuffle
- Country Triple
Learn more about these country dance styles here.
Country Music Songs You Can Dance To
If you want to throw your own western dance party at home or you want to practice for weekend nights out or maybe even a down-home wedding, you can create your own country music playlist. There are various country music songs you can dance to in ballroom. Below are some of our favorite tunes to stomp our boots to.
Country Cha Cha Songs
- “For You I Will” by Aaron Tippin (1998)
- My Maria by Brooks & Dunn (1996)
- Sideways by Dierks Bentley (2009)
- Drink In My Hand by Eric Church (2011)
- There’s Your Trouble by Dixie Chicks (1998)
Slow Country Waltz Songs
- From This Moment On by Shania Twain (1997)
- I’d Love You All Over Again by Alan Jackson (1990)
- If I Knew Then by Lady Antebellum (2010)
- You Save Me by Kenny Chesney (2005)
- I Love You by Butch Walker (2015)
Country Two-Step Songs
- “Redneck Woman” by Gretchen Wilson (2004)
- “Creepin’” by Eric Church (2011)
- “Just to See You Smile” by Tim McGraw (1997)
- “She’s Country” by Jason Aldean (2012)
- “American Saturday Night” by Brad Paisley (2009)
How to Learn Country Western Ballroom Dancing
Before you start dancing at home, you may want to learn from the pros to get a good foundation. The instructors at our Arthur Murray New Jersey studios live and breathe the world of dance, and they love helping people start new healthy hobbies such as dance. Under our dance pros’ instruction, you could learn country western dancing pretty quickly!
Sign up for a free first lesson and learn more about country dance styles to make you more successful at country western dance! Once you start, you will see just how addictive it can become (in the best way possible).